- All Careers
- FT Teller - North Country
FT Teller - North Country
- Lake Placid Downtown, NY
*** $2,000 SIGN ON BONUS ***
- Understand the products and services provided to customers by the bank.
- Understand the policies and procedures that must be adhered to in the teller position.
- Understand the regulations that each teller is required to comply with and the impact resulting from non-compliance.
- Process various financial transactions for bank customers in a timely and accurate manner.
- Deliver exceptional customer service to individuals and business customers as prescribed by GEE Consulting program.
- Through the referral process, initiate new business by identifying customer needs and recommending products and services that will expand the customer relationship.
**Must possess knowledge of all applicable consumer compliance regulations.
- Being courteous – make eye contact, smile, extend greeting, use name, engage in conversation, etc. as skills prescribed by GEE Consulting program
- Being knowledgeable – understand features and benefits of products and services
- Being accurate – cash handling, scanning, processing of transactions and adherence to policies and procedures
- Being a problem solver – handle the inquiries and concerns of customers in a timely and thorough manner
- Identify referral opportunities by listening for ques, profile existing customers, identify needs through active listening, recommend solutions, handle objections, and complete the referral to RB or Business Partner based on the need identified.
- Participate in daily huddles by sharing success stories regarding referrals.
- Attain monthly referral goals.
- Participate in Branch Opening and Closing Procedures
- Participate in balancing of Branch ATMs
- Participate in processing of daily night deposit transactions
- Adhere to policies and procedures – understanding the impact on audit and compliance
- Adhere to proving standards
- Maintain appropriate teller cash limits
- Ensure timely and accurate routing of work
- Protect customer information
- Follow all bank security requirements
- Participate in both online and classroom training as recommended to expand knowledge and sharpen skills in current role.
- Participate in cross training to additional roles as requested.
- Deliver verbal and written communications in a professional manner
- Understand the impact non-verbal communication can have on delivery of a message
- Be an active listener
- Participate in bank sponsored events.
*Required to attend or participate in necessary compliance training, including but not limited to BSA, Security, Information Technology, OFAC, Privacy and applicable BVS courses.
High School Diploma or GED
Minimum of one year customer service experience
Minimum of one year experience with cash handling
Exceptional customer service and communication skills
Working knowledge of computers
Ability to travel to other area branches
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER VETERAN/DISABLED