- All Careers
- Human Resource Specialist
Human Resource Specialist
- Utica, NY
Performs duties assigned by the SVP/Director of Human Resources to include payroll administration as well as other various administrative & clerical duties. Assist in enrolling employees into various benefit packages including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, 401k, flex, life, ltd, etc.; accurate processing and updating of the overall payroll function; assist in entering new hires into all of applicable systems, preparing new hire packets, etc. Must possess knowledge of relevant Human Resources laws and regulations in addition to applicable consumer compliance regulations.
Responsible for processing and updating payroll while ensuring all data is complete and accurate; Must submit payroll on a biweekly basis to payroll vendor; Must perform a thorough review and verification of all data on applicable reports; Responsible for entering applicable deductions, wages, performance reviews, etc. into all of the payroll systems and data fields.
Responsible for approving assigned timecards weekly.
Submission of 401k contributions on a biweekly basis
Assist with audit requests as needed and provide the necessary material requested.
Required to attend or participate in necessary compliance training, including but not limited to BSA, Security, Information Technology, OFAC, Privacy and applicable BVS courses.
Create and maintain personnel files for every employee of the bank while ensuring appropriate correspondence is up to date and accurate.
Backup to HR Generalist for monthly billing and reconciling of all applicable employee benefits.
Assist in preparation of all new hire and benefit enrollment packets: Must ensure completeness of information and submission of enrollment forms to appropriate vendors.
Respond promptly and professionally to all inquiries whether they are via email, in-person or telephone.
Manage deadlines and accomplish tasks timely and efficiently to ensure employer and employee needs are met.
Filing as needed.
Perform all other duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or Finance preferred.
- Prior Human Resources experience is required.
- Experience with payroll processing is required.
- Excellent organization, time management skills and detail oriented.
- Strong Math aptitude.
- Ability to work independently.
- Must always maintain the strictest confidentiality and conduct all matters with Integrity, honesty and discretion. Refrain from discussing personnel situations with anyone other than HR staff.
- Ability to effectively communicate with individuals at all levels, whether verbally or in writing.
- Working knowledge of all Microsoft Office products; experience with ADP products or similar payroll products required.
NOTE: Due to the nature of the position, employee confidentiality is of the utmost importance. Breach of this confidentiality will not be tolerated.
EQUAL OPPORTUNIY EMPLOYER VETERAN/DISABLED