- All Careers
- Loan Origination Specialist
Loan Origination Specialist
- Utica, NY
Responsible for processing and preparing closing documents for Residential Loans in accordance with the Bank lending policies, procedures, regulatory compliance and secondary market requirements. Verify accurate and complete documentation received from lender for applications received
- Responsible for processing and preparing documents for all residential loan applications for submission to underwriting. This includes preparation of required disclosures in compliance with bank policies and procedures.
- Order flood certificates, order appraisals, obtain census track information, obtain evidence of insurance and work with title companies and internal/external legal departments. Also responsible for generation of commitment letters and associated work orders.
- Recognize problems with documentation and take appropriate action. Refer loan application issues to senior underwriter for certification and resolution.
- Verify information on the Closing Disclosure complied with closing instructions.
- Ensure all required documentation has been submitted prior to closing.
- Generate and review all closing documents to ensure information on the instruments is accurate, complete and consistent with the loan approval.
- Collect and process closing documents for loan files; verify all information is complete/accurate based on loan approval. Prepare on-line documentation for loan input by Loan Servicing.
- Verify complete/accurate HMDA worksheets for all residential loan applications.
- Comply with all applicable federal, state, local and bank rules and regulations.
- Required to attend or participate in necessary compliance training, including but not limited to BSA, Security, Information Technology, OFAC, Privacy and applicable BVS courses.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Loan Origination Manager.
- High school graduate or equivalent banking or related experience.
- Understanding of regulatory and statutory requirements governing Retail Loan Products a plus.
- Possess excellent analytical and organizational skills.
- Possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER VETERAN/DISABLED