- All Careers
- Sr Teller
- Lake Placid, NY
- Rome, NY
- Develop and maintain an in depth understanding of the products and services provided to customers by the bank.
- Understand the policies and procedures that must be adhered to in the teller position.
- Understand the regulations that each teller is required to comply with and the impact resulting from non-compliance.
- Process various financial transactions for bank customers in a timely and accurate manner while demonstrating operational excellent in teller processing.
- Deliver exceptional customer service to individuals and business customers.
- Through the referral process, initiate new business by identifying customer needs and recommending products and services that will expand the customer relationship.
- Function as the primary vault teller responsible for handling all vault related transactions.
**Must possess knowledge of all applicable consumer compliance regulations.
- Being courteous – make eye contact, smile, extend greeting, use name, engage in conversation, etc. all skills prescribed by GEE Consulting program
- Being knowledgeable – understand features and benefits of products and services
- Being accurate – cash handling, scanning, processing of transactions and adherence to policies and procedures
- Being a problem solver – handle the inquiries and concerns of customers in a timely and thorough manner
- Being a Relationship Builder – listen for ques, profile existing customers, identify needs through active listening, recommend solutions, handle objections, and complete the referral to the RB or Business Partner based on the need identified. Participate in daily huddles by sharing success stories regarding referrals.
- Attain monthly referral goals.
- Utilize skills developed in accordance with GEE Consulting program
- Protect customer information
- Follow all bank security requirements
- Participate in Branch Opening and Closing Procedures
- Participate in balancing of Branch ATMs and processing ATM deposits
- Participate in processing of daily night deposit transactions
- Adhere to policies and procedures – understanding the impact on audit and compliance
- Adhere to proving standards
- Ensure timely and accurate routing of work
- Maintain appropriate individual teller cash limits
- Maintain overall branch cash levels, report any exceptions to Branch Operations Specialists
- Place weekly incoming cash and coin orders and prepare outgoing cash shipments to Brinks
- Maintain Sole Control of the Branch Cash Vault, responsible for all teller buys & sells to and from the vault.
- When away from the office, turn vault control over to dual control according to bank procedures
- Assist Management and Branch Operations Specialist by providing teller overrides for various teller transactions as needed and according the bank procedures
- Work with Branch Operations Specialist to monitor teller cash levels to ensure sells back to the vault are occurring as needed in a timely and secure fashion
- Participate in both online and classroom training as recommended to expand knowledge and sharpen skills in current role.
- Participate in cross training to additional roles as requested.
- Deliver verbal and written communications in a professional manner
- Understand the impact non-verbal communication can have on delivery of a message
- Be an active listener
- Participate in bank sponsored events.
*Required to attend or participate in necessary compliance training, including but not limited to BSA, Security, Information Technology, OFAC, Privacy and applicable BVS courses.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of one-year customer service experience
- Minimum of one-year experience with cash handling preferably as a teller
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills
- Working knowledge of computers
- Ability to travel to other area branches as needed
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER VETERAN/DISABLED