- All Careers
- VP Commercial Credit Officer
VP Commercial Credit Officer
- Utica, NY
SUMMARY: This position reports to the SVP Chief Credit Officer and is responsible for workflow management and interaction between the credit department and commercial lenders. The Commercial Credit Officer would also manage and update policy and procedures. Monitor credits going to OLC and Director Loan committees. Other responsibilities includes acting as liaison for Credit Administration with other departments within the bank. Assisting Chief Credit Officer with various projects, as required. The Commercial Credit Officer is to work effectively with all lending departments and Senior Management
- Utilize strategic planning skills to development and execute effective pipeline management, to ensure successful file review and quality control processes are in place and expectations are met.
- Serve as a contact for issues and help to resolve questions that may arise between team members and/or other Bank departments, as well as any third-party vendors.
- To ensure the organization of assigned areas of the department coordinate available resources for maximum results.
- Provide processing support, as you manage the pipeline of loan transactions, ensuring that all items are completed in compliance with the Bank and regulatory requirements.
- Establish and maintain positive working environment and relationships with effective communication with internal and external business partners.
- Participate in establishment and refinement of processes, procedures, and systems in support of the origination, underwriting, and servicing of business purpose loans, including both commercial and small business.
- Assist in drafting or revising credit policies, product guidelines, and procedures; identify departmental credit training needs and facilitate or arrange same; and various credit risk management/administration projects as the need may arise.
- Uphold compliance with all policy requirements regarding the loan portfolio, including monitoring credit concentrations.
- Responsible for coordinating information requests for audits (FRB, NYSDFS, internal and external vendors).
- Assume responsibility for gathering and preparing monthly and quarterly board reports and for other members of Senior Management.
- Responsible for addressing findings relating to audits and compliance reviews and developing timely resolutions and monitoring to assure on-going compliance.
- Perform duties and responsibilities specific to department functions, activities or special projects as assigned by supervisor.
- Assumes responsibility for various department functions in the absence of staff members or in overload situations.
- Required to attend or participate in necessary compliance training, including but not limited to BSA, Security, Information Technology, OFCA, Privacy and applicable BVS courses.
- Education required: 4-year college degree in Business or related area from an accredited college or university, and related training, such as Commercial Bank Lending School (or similar program).
- Experience required: 7 to 10 years commercial lending and/or a credit administration position that included underwriting and assessment of credit requests.
- Advanced experience, knowledge and training in bank lending and loan operational activities. Experience with commercial loan documentation preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of Bank lending policies, as well as strong knowledge of Federal and State compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to operate Bank and Loan services-related computer applications and other basic office equipment and software.
- Ability to deal with difficult problems involving multiple facets and variables in non-standardized situations.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER VETERAN/DISABLED