- All Careers
- Relationship Banker
- Holland Patent, NY
- Utica, NY
- To grow both new and existing retail and business banking relationships through the sale of the bank’s products and services. To retain existing relationships.
- To follow the sales disciplines that enhance the overall customer experience. To be proactive in carrying out sales activities that expand customer relationships.
- Achieve sales outcomes that support the annual Retail Banking Business Plan.
- Identify customer needs that require referrals across business lines.
- Maintain working relationships with business partners that can assist in satisfying those needs.
- To be knowledgeable of the features and benefits of retail and business banking products and services.
- Provide all customers with an exceptional level of customer service, responding to questions and concerns in a timely and accurate manner.
- Demonstrate care and accuracy in the completion of documentation for all banking transactions.
- Follow bank policies and procedures and abide by regulations and compliance requirements required of the RB position.
**Must possess knowledge of all applicable consumer compliance regulations.
- To follow the prescribed GEE Consulting program disciplines that enhance the overall customer experience by going through the stages: Plan, Relax, Evaluate, Present, Close/Follow Up.
- To be proactive in carrying out sales activities that provide useful information to our existing customer base and assist in the overall attainment of sales goals for both the individual and the branch.
- Assist Branch Manager with seeking out opportunities for Bank at Work presentations and assist with presentations when needed.
Examples of Outbound calling and/or Direct Mail efforts:
- Onboarding (2, 14 and 45 day check in)
- CD renewals
- Sales Promotions
- Customer retention efforts at the time of requests to close – maintaining appropriate open/close ratio
- Achieve core deposit unit goals and growth of checking portfolio balances
- Achieve production goals for home equity and consumer loans
- Promote ADK credit card
- Cross sell debit cards, online banking, and e-statements
- Refer to mortgage, small business, AIS and AFS when there is a customer need to be satisfied across business lines
- Promote the sale of savings and money market accounts to new and existing customers
- Conduct outbound calling as a proactive activity in increasing sales results
- Conduct retention efforts during all requests for account closings
Work with Branch Manager on various sales campaign efforts and relay com to branch teams as needed
- Establish strong working relationships with business partners and COIs who will participate in reciprocal referral activities between the branch and other business units.
- Build rapport and trust with customers through friendly, reliable, informative, and energetic interactions.
- Provide customers with an exceptional level of service, responding to questions and concerns in a timely and accurate manner.
- Process fee rebate requests for approval to Branch Manager
Operations - Safety and Soundness:
- Adhere to requirements for submitting complete customer records and new account documentation
- Adhere to obtaining all items being requested on checklists for consumer and home equity closings.
- Adhere to compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Utilize written policies and procedures for processing transactions required in the RB position
- Ensure thorough completion of new account DDM’s at the time of account opening
- Ensure proper new account documentation is obtained at account opening to avoid exceptions and address any items on the branch exception report in a timely manner.
- Deliver both written and verbal communications in a professional manner. Consider the impact non-verbal communications can have on delivery of a message.
- Utilize tools available to ensure the accuracy of communications (ex: spellcheck). Be an active listener when meeting with customers, identifying the needs disclosed throughout the interaction.
- Assist Management and Branch Ops Specialist by providing teller overrides for various teller transactions as needed and according to bank procedures.
- Participate in bank sponsored events in the community.
*Required to attend or participate in necessary compliance training, including but not limited to BSA, Security, Information Technology, OFAC, Privacy and applicable BVS courses.
- 1-2 years of retail sales experience preferably in a financial institution
- Ability to effectively articulate in a clear and concise manner whether in written or verbal format while exercising professionalism and courtesy at all times.
- High School Diploma or GED Equivalency
- Notary Public
- MLO Registered
- Ability to travel to other area branches
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER VETERAN/DISABLED